A Music Together® class is STILL:
A place where…
…blue dinosaurs sit in trees and squeak,…soup is made with ice cream, apples and cookies…dogs howl, horses trot, and penguins waddle
A place where…
…the singing is louder, the dancing is goofier, the snuggles are snugglier, and the cuddles are cuddlier
A place where…
…we celebrate that every child is musical, and that every grown-up is musical too!
A place where…
…friends are made, communities are formed, and parents fall in love with their children all over again!
Only now in our "new normal" some classes are online...some classes are in person..some classe are even private in your own home!
But ALL of the classes are MUSICAL...MAGICAL...and FUN!
Here is our list of class options that aims to honour everyone's needs and COVID-comfort levels.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE CLASSES
We are literally Bringing Harmony Home® - one livingroom at a time - with our INTERACTIVE online music classes! THE JOY * THE LOVE * THE CONNECTION * THE FUN! These classes capture it ALL! There's a special kind of MAGIC that happens when your child gets to make Music Together with the safest people they know, in the safest space they know! Truly one of the sweetest things about the online platform is that anyone from anywhere can join! Cousins that live in different cities can make Music Together in the same class. Grandparents that live across the country can ZOOM in every week! Going on holidays? Meeting a friend for a playdate? Just bring your screen, a few home-grown instruments and you can make Music Together on the road without ever having to miss class! Our ZOOMtastic online classes create connection in their own endearing way, so gather the whole family together, bring your basket of homemade instruments and come discover how we turn screen time into your homes most musical magical Family Time!
Classes offered online include our Family Mixed-Age Classes, our Grandparents Classes, our Big Kids Rhythm Kids Classes and our Babies Class
COVID-SAFE IN-PERSON CLASSES
We are pleased to be able to offer the opportunity to make Music Together in person for all those who are craving to return to a safe, social community environment. Musical creativity, expression and community connection in a Music Together class comes alive when everyone in the circle feels safe, so here's what you can expect from your "New-Normal" In-Person Music Together class :
- a reduced class size of 6 children, 6 parents/caregivers and 1 instructor
- each class will form an exclusive cohort (so no guests, demos, make-ups or instructor substitutes)
- strict sanitization practices (including hand sanitization and common area surface sanitization) before and after class
- each family will receive an individual family instrument basket and each classroom will be supplied with an days-worth of instruments (so no community-shared or "cleaned between class" instruments)
- mandatory masks for everyone 4 years and older
- strict social distancing rules for everyone 4 years and older (visually aided by demarcated "family zones")
- DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE social distancing rules for children younger than 4yo. (We kindly ask that our classroom communities work together in gently guiding all the children in the circle to stay 2m apart, but please recognize that maintaining proper social distance is an unrealistic expectation for our littler ones. We cannot discourage the younger children in our circle from moving freely throughout the classroom, so please check in with your comfort level on that before registering for an in-person class).
- we have scheduled 30 minute gaps between classes to allow for common-area surface sanitation and non-congested traffic flow
- all of our in-person instructors will undergo COVID testing every 2 weeks throughout the semester
You can be rest assured that your family's safety is our top priority. We will adhere to all government guidelines (and beyond) to give you peace of mind so you can leave your worries behind and just enjoy making Music Together with your family and community!
Only our Family Mixed-Age Classes are offered In-person
EXCLUSIVE BUBBLE-COHORT CLASSES
Have you and at least 3 other families created a cohort and would LOVE a routine activity to gather for every week? Don't burst your safety bubble to come to class...WE'LL bring the class to YOU! A LIVE! Music Together class in the comfort and safety of your "bubble!" All you need is a minimum of 4 families in your cohort - decide on a consistent weekly location, day and time to meet and your instructor will arrive with everything s/he will need to make some beautiful Music Together with you and your closest mates!
Click on the "Class Descriptions" tab below for full details on all of our online and in-person class offerings